Danville Texting While Driving Accident Lawyers
In today’s society, cellphones have become part of our daily lives. They have even made the intrusion into our vehicles, taking some drivers’ attention away from the roads. This often leads to serious collisions and severe injuries to innocent drivers and passengers.
If you have been injured by a driver who was texting while driving or talking on a cellphone, we can help. At the Danville, Virginia, office of Carter Craig, Attorneys at Law, our lawyers are highly knowledgeable of the laws that apply to personal injury cases that stem from a distracted driving incident. We are aggressive in our defense of people who have suffered a range of injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBI), spinal cord injuries, broken bones, amputations and other injuries. Contact our personal injury office today at 866-605-6017 to discuss how we can help you through your distracted driving accident matters.
Cellphone Laws in Virginia
Any driver in Virginia, even those just passing through, is obligated to abide by the texting and cellphone laws in the state. Below are just
- Drivers who are 18 and under are prohibited from using cellphone at all (texting, handheld or hands free) in a vehicle while driving
- Texting while driving is illegal for any driver in a vehicle
- However, texting while driving is considered a secondary issue, meaning that you cannot be pulled over for texting while driving but issued a ticket for it in addition to being pulled over for another violation
Before cellphones became a common sight in vehicles, distracted driving accident still occurred due to other distractions that exist for drivers. We have handled cases involving all types of accidents that stem from distractions such as:
- Drivers eating in vehicles
- Drivers applying makeup in vehicles
- Reading while driving
- Other passengers distracting the driver (such as with teenagers in a car)
Contact Our Danville Texting While Driving Attorneys Today
Let our lawyers at Carter Craig, Attorneys at Law, help you deal with the aftermath of a distracted driving or texting while driving accident. Contact us online or call us toll-free at 866-605-6017 to schedule your free consultation. We represent clients in Danville and Martinsville, as well as in South Boston and throughout Halifax County.